Dr. Wendy Maury is a Professor in the Department of Microbiology at the University of Iowa.
- Dr. Maury received her Masters of Science in Botany from North Carolina State University in 1980. She received her Ph.D. in Biology in 1988 at the University of Virginia.
- In 1989, she did postdoctoral studies in Virology at the Laboratory of Molecular Microbiology, at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, NIH. She also did postdoctoral studies in Virology at the Laboratory of Persistent Viral Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Rocky Mt. Laboratories in 1995.
- In the past she has served on the editorial board for several journals including:
- Journal of Virology
- In 2011, she was awarded the Carver College of Medicine teaching award.
- She studies Ebola and other emerging filoviruses.
- Her lab investigates enveloped virus/host infections, with one area of investigation being identification and characterization of novel antivirals.
For more information on the research Dr. Maury has worked on and is currently working on, see her researchgate.net profile page here.
Contact Dr. Wendy Maury
Phone: (319) 335-8021