Dr. Susan Lamont is a Professor of Agriculture and Life Science and a Professor of Animal Science at Iowa State University.
- Dr. Lamont received her Ph. D. at the University of Illinois Medical Center in 1980.
- Her research has focused on elucidating the genomic control of important biological traits in chickens, including resistance to disease and heat stress. She also focuses on the impact of functional genomics on biological performance.
- She is an editor for several journals including:
- Animal Biotechnology
- Journal of Heredity
- Poultry Science
- Poultry and Avian Biology Reviews
- She has served as a chair member in the Immunobiology interdepartmental program at Iowa State University.
- In 2004 she was named a C.F. Curtiss Distinguished Professor in Agriculture.
- Leads the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences’ ADVANCE effort.
- Serves as Equity Adviser for the ISU ADVANCE Program
For more information on the research Dr. Lamont has worked on and is currently working on, see her researchgate.net profile page here.
Contact Dr. Sue Lamont:
Phone: (515) 294-4100