Dr. Paul Plummer is an Assistant Professor at Iowa State University in both Veterinary Diagnostic and Production Animal Medicine, and Veterinary Microbiology and Preventative Medicine.
- Dr. Plummer received his Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine in 2000 from the University of Tennessee. He did his internship in Large Animal Veterinary Medicine at Texas A&M University in 2001. In 2004 he completed his residency and became a board certified Diplomate of ACVIM at the University of Tennessee, in Large Animal Internal Medicine. He received his Ph.D. in Veterinary Microbiology in 2009 at Iowa State University.
- At Iowa State University, he has his own laboratory with approximately 900 square foot of dedicated research space, with three Ph.D. students, two Masters students, and one full time research associate.
- He has received awards from the Iowa State University College of Veterinary Medicine including:
- 2015 recipient of the Zoetis Award for Veterinary Research Excellence.
- 2014 recipient of the Zpetis Distinguished Teaching Award.
- His Ph.D. thesis project focused on the mechanisms of quorum sensing in C. jejuni and was supported by a NIH K08.
- He is a member of the American Society for Microbiology (2004-Present).
- In 2010 he received the Graduate Student Research Excellence Award, from Iowa State University.
Contact Dr. Paul Plummer
Phone: (515) 294-8522