Dr. Marin Schweizer is an Assistant Professor at the University of Iowa in General Internal Medicine and Epidemiology.
- Dr. Schweizer received her Ph.D. in Epidemiology from the University of Maryland in 2009. Also at the University of Maryland, she did postdoctoral studies in Molecular Epidemiology (2010).
- She is a reviewer for many journals including:
- American Journal of Epidemiology
- New England Journal of Medicine
- She is also an editor for the journal, Antimicrobial Resistance and Infection Control.
- Since 2009, she has been a member of the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America.
- She is currently a Core Investigator at the Iowa City VA Health Care System, in Iowa City, Iowa
- In 2010 she received the Pfizer ASPIRE Young Investigator Award and in 2013 she received a VA career development award.
- Her research focuses on prevention and treatment of healthcare-associated infections, specifically S. aureus infections and surgical site infections.
Contact Dr. Marin Schweizer
Phone: (319) 338-0581