Dr. Mary Wilson is a Professor of Internal Medicine- Infectious Diseases, a Professor of Microbiology, and a Professor of Epidemiology at the University of Iowa College of Medicine.
- Dr. Wilson received her M.D. in 1980 from the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry. She did her residency in Internal Medicine at the University of Michigan, in 1980-1983. Her fellowship in Infectious Diseases was completed at the University of Virgina from 1983-1986. She received her certificate in Tropical Medicine from the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research in 1986.
- Her research focuses on the immuno- and molecular biology of infection with Leishmania spp. protozoa. She addresses the changes in macrophage transcript and microRNA expression underlying these processes.
- In 1998 she was elected to the American Society of Clinical Investigation.
- In 2003 she was elected to the Association of American Physicians.
- In 2014 she was awarded the Regents Award for Faculty Excellence at the University of Iowa.
For more information on the research Dr. Wilson has worked on and is currently working on, see his researchgate.net profile page here.
Contact Dr. Mary Wilson
Phone: (319) 335-6808