Dr. Lyric Bartholomay’s current appointment is at the University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Pathobiological Sciences.
- Dr. Bartholomay received her Bachelors of Science in Bioagricultural Sciences and Pest Management (Entomology) from Colorado State University in 1998. In 2004 she received her Ph.D. in Comparative Biomedical Sciences and Entomology from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- She has been a member of many societies and associations including:
- Entomological Society of America (2005-present)
- American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (1999-present)
- American Mosquito Control Association (2006-present)
- American Society of Parasitologists ( 2002-2006)
- She is an editor for the Journal of Medical Entomology (2012-present).
- In 2013 she received the Bailey Research Career Development Award from Iowa State University.
- She has been invited many times to present her findings, including to some events internationally, including:
- International Conference of Fish and Shellfish Immunology, Vigo, Spain
- Simposio De Actualizacion en Endgue, Medellin, Colombia
- European Molecular Biology Organization 4th International Meeting on Molecular and Population Biology of Mosquitoes and Other Disease Vectors, Kolymbari, Crete
- Dr. Bartholomay’s previous appointment was as an Associate Professor of Medical Entomology in the Department of Entomology at Iowa State University.
- Dr. Bartholomay currently serves as Co-Director of the Midwest Center of Excellence for Vector Borne Disease (MCE-VBD).
For more information on the research Dr. Bartholomay has worked on and is currently working on, see her researchgate.net profile page here.
Contact Dr. Lyric Bartholomay
Phone: (608) 890-1965