Dr. Lyric Bartholomay’s current appointment is at the University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Pathobiological Sciences.
- Dr. Bartholomay received her Bachelors of Science in Bio-agricultural Sciences and Pest Management (Entomology) from Colorado State University in 1998. In 2004 she received her Ph.D. in Comparative Biomedical Sciences and Entomology from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- She has been a member of many societies and associations including:
- Entomological Society of America (2005-present)
- American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (1999-present)
- American Mosquito Control Association (2006-present)
- American Society of Parasitologists (2002-2006)
- She has been invited many times to present her findings, including to some events internationally, such as:
- US Japan Cooperative Medical Sciences Program 21st International Conference on Emerging Infectious Diseases in the Pacific Rim, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Asia-Pacific Scientific Workshop (NHMRC, HRC, NIAID and AMED)
- Annual meeting of the Society for Invertebrate Pathology, Gold Coast, Australia
- Simposio De Actualizacion en Endgue, Medellin, Colombia
- European Molecular Biology Organization 4th International Meeting on Molecular and Population Biology of Mosquitoes and Other Disease Vectors, Kolymbari, Crete
- Dr. Bartholomay’s previous appointment was as an Associate Professor of Medical Entomology in the Department of Entomology at Iowa State University. She is currently Adjunct faculty in the department of Epidemiology at the University of Iowa.
- Bartholomay currently serves as a Director of the Midwest Center of Excellence for Vector Borne Disease (MCE-VBD). She is also Director of the Comparative Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
For more information on the research Dr. Bartholomay has worked on and is currently working on, see her researchgate.net profile page here.
Contact Dr. Lyric Bartholomay
Phone: (608) 890-1965