Dr. Lee-Ann Allen is a Professor of Medicine and Microbiology at the University of Iowa.
- Dr. Allen received her Masters of Science in Biochemistry at the University of California Riverside (1983) . She received her PhD in Biochemistry at the University of Wisconsin-Madison (1990). Dr. Allen completed her post-doctoral studies at Rockefeller University in Cell Biology and Immunology (1991-1995).
- She is an editor for several journals including:
- From 2009-2013 she served as the treasurer of the Society for Leukocyte Biology.
- At the University of Iowa, she is a Professor in the Department of Medicine, as well as a Professor in the Department of Microbiology. She also is a faculty member in the Graduate Training Program in Molecular and Cellular Biology, and in the Interdisciplinary Graduate Training Program in Immunology.
- Her active research focuses on the study of macrophage and neutrophil biology in general and in the context of infection with two major bacterial pathogens, Helicobacter pylori and Francisella tularensis.
For more information on the research Dr. Allen has worked on and is currently working on, see her researchgate.net profile page here.
Contact Dr. Lee-Ann Allen
Phone: (319) 335-4258