Dr. Annette O’Connor is a Professor at the College of Veterinary Medicine at Iowa State University in the Department of Veterinary Diagnostics and Preventative Animal Medicine.
- Dr. O’Connor received her Masters of Veterinary Science from the University of Queensland, Australia in 1997. She received her Doctorate of Veterinary Science from the University of Guelph, Ontario in 2001.
- In 2003 she became a Member of Australian College of Veterinary Science (MACVSc.). In 2009, she became a Fellow of the Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists (FANZCVSc.).
- While on leave from Iowa State University in 2003 to 2004, she was a Principle Research Scientist for the Australian Government Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry.
- She is a member of a USDA funded consortium funded to integrate system model approaches in the food safety and veterinary science curriculum at 3 US-based veterinary colleges.
- She has acted as a panel director for the development of “Guidelines for Pre-harvest Control on Salmonella in Pork” using GRADE systems of research synthesis for data from clinical trials and epidemiological studies.
- In 2008 she received the Pfizer Research Excellence Award.
Contact Dr. Annette O’Connor:
Phone: (515) 294-5012